The daily grind of running a major terror outfit not only involves planning major strikes, but also poring over account books and calculating assets and liabilities.
The 2008 Mumbai terror attack by the Lashkar-e-Tayiba was aimed at "dramatically" changing the future of South Asia and provoking a war between nuclear-armed India and Pakistan, a top United States counter-terrorism expert has said.
Lashkar-e-Tayiba and the Al Qaeda were convinced that 26/11 attack masterminds Hafiz Saeed and Zakiur Rehman would face only "superficial" action from the Pakistani authorities and within months plans were afoot for another terror strike in India, Pakistani-American terrorist David Coleman Headley said on Saturday.
National Security Advisor M K Narayanan has said "dialogue is the way forward" with Pakistan and that the dossier against Lashkar-e-Tayiba founder Hafiz Sayeed is a "grade one" evidence.
In a strong attack on Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for his statements on Kashmir, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday told him that his dream of the state becoming a part of his country "will not be realised even at the end of eternity".
"This august forum witnessed a new low on its 75th anniversary. The leader of Pakistan today called for those who incite hate and violence to be outlawed. But as he went on, we were left wondering, was he referring to himself?" First Secretary in the Permanent Mission of India to the UN Mijito Vinito said, making India's Right of Reply.
A Pakistani court on Friday suspended the detention order of Lashkar-e-Tayiba operations commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, the 2008 Mumbai terror attack mastermind, and ordered his immediate release, drawing India's ire.
India's most wanted terrorist Dawood Ibrahim is not in Pakistan, Pakistani High Commissioner Abdul Basit said on Monday
The Mumbai attack case has entered into the 10th year but none of its suspects in Pakistan has been punished yet.
David Coleman Headley, the Pakistani-American Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative is being deposed before a Mumbai court on Monday through video conference.
A right-wing group on Thursday vandalised the office of Pakistan International Airlines in New Delhi prompting Islamabad to take up the issue with the ministry of external affairs.
The United States underlined that $ 10 million bounty for Lashkar-e-Tayyiba founder Hafiz Seed is not about finding his location, but to seek information that can convict the alleged mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks in a court of law.
Imam Hafiz Muhammad Hamid, Saeed's brother, was deported on Sunday and is expected to arrive in Pakistan on Tuesday morning, Daily Times reported from Washington on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken up with Chinese leadership India's concerns over China blocking its move in the UN for action against Pakistan over release of 26/11 mastermind and LeT commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi in violation of a resolution of the world body.
Little Moshe survived the terror onslaught because of his brave Indian nanny Sandra Samuels.
The terror attack on Parliament 12 years ago, on this very day, had evoked nation-wide outrage and botched India's fragile ties with Pakistan further.
According to Pakistan's National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) list, which was updated on Tuesday, JuD and FIF were among 70 organisations proscribed by the ministry of Interior under the Anti-Terrorism Act 1997.
The mastermind behind the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi will be set free from prison after the Lahore high court passed the order.
So far, almost every positive development in terms of the bilateral ties has been overtaken by innate hostility that is often driven by popular sentiments.
Pakistan on Tuesday said a meeting between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh would be useful to revive composite dialogue and fast track bilateral issues but made it clear that it is not expecting any major breakthrough.
Chief Minister of the Punjab province in Pakistan and the Pakistan prime minister's brother, Shahbaz Sharif, tells Nayanima Basu that strategic issues go hand in hand with trade normalisation. Sharif believes that cordial relations are in the interest of the people of both India and Pakistan and issues such as Kashmir will also be resolved soon.
In an interview, Chief Minister of the Punjab province in Pakistan and the Pakistan prime minister's brother, Shahbaz Sharif, says that strategic issues go hand in hand with trade normalisation
The Union Home Ministry has decided to conduct a fresh census on the Rohingya Muslims following reports that terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Tayiba has taken up the cause of the community, which is fleeing the current wave of ethnic cleansing by the ruling Buddhist majority in Myanmar especially in the Arakan region.
The United States identified LeT as one of the largest and most active terrorist organisations in South Asia.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday blamed Pakistan for the bail granted to Mumbai terror attacks mastermind Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, saying there might be some shortcomings on the part of the prosecution in taking forward the case.
During the operations, that began in the morning, houses and business establishments of those suspected of channelising funds to fuel secessionist and anti-India activities were searched, an NIA spokesman said.
The government of Pakistan's Punjab province has decided to disassociate itself from the case against Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief and Lashkar-e-Tayiba founder Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, the suspected mastermind behind the terror attack on Mumbai, and filed a plea for its withdrawal.On Monday, the provincial government informed Pakistan's Supreme Court that it has challenged the release of Saeed due to certain 'confidential evidence' against him.
Four other associates of Sajjad were killed in a two-day long operation after the army intercepted them while they were trying to sneak in.
LeT commander Abdul Rehman al-Dakhil was named as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) by the Department of State.
A Pakistani court has directed authorities to respond within a week to a petition by Lashar-e-Tayiba founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed's wife challenging his detention in the wake of the Mumbai terror strikes.
Currently placed on the FATF'S 'grey list', Pakistan has been scrambling in recent months to avoid being added to a list of countries deemed non-compliant with anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regulations by the FATF.
Hundreds of members of hardline groups like the Jamaat-ud-Dawah on Friday joined protests across Pakistan against a controversial anti-Islam film, with many calling for severe punishment for the movie's makers and demanding the expulsion of American diplomats.
The next war between India and Pakistan could be fought over water, Lashkar-e-Tayiba founder Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has claimed. Saeed, who currently heads the Jamaat-ud-Dawah, made the remarks while addressing a gathering at a mosque in Chowburji area of Lahore on Sunday.
Stephen Tankel, author of the book Storming the World Stage: The Story of Lashkar-e-Taiba, says that the bounty announcement validates India's repeated assertions that the LeT is a dangerous group and that Saeed plays a strategic role in guiding it.
Union Home minister P Chidambaram has said that the announcement made by the US government of a $10 million bounty leading to the arrest and conviction of Lashkar-e-Tayiba Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, will put pressure on the Pakistani government to take action against him.
Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, blamed for the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, has kept the guessing game on about his reported political ambitions.
Official sources said the USD 10 million US bounty for Saeed necessitated the late night meeting of the top civil and military leadership at the Governor's House in Lahore
Top Lashkar-e-Tayiba bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda told interrogators that he had come in contact with Pakistan's spy agency Inter Services Intelligence after meeting former ISI Chief Hamid Gul in 1995 and was in constant touch with him thereafter.
Pakistani authorities have extended by two months the detention of Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammed Saeed and seven other activists of the front organisation of Lashkar-e-Tayiba, blamed for the Mumbai terrorist attacks.A spokesman for the Punjab government told reporters that the province's home department had on Saturday extended the detention of Saeed and the seven other JuD leaders by 60 days.Saeed and other Jamaat leaders were placed under house arrest for a month.
The counsel for Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, chief of the banned Jamaat-ud-Dawah, today told a court hearing a petition challenging his detention that the group was not linked to the Taliban and that the UN Security Council had not asked Pakistan to detain its leaders.